The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weirdness with changing IPs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by optize, Jul 31, 2005.

1. optize

optize Well-Known Member

I don't know why cpanel behaves like this, hopefully someone can help me out.

For my example, I will have 3 reseller accounts, and 10 free IPs.

I decide test1.com (Account under reseller #1's account) needs to be moved to one of the free IPs. It works perfectly. I then move test2.com (Account under reseller #1's account) needs to be moved to the same IP as test1.com, and it works.

However, if I try to move another site from a different reseller's account, it won't let me. So I try to move test3.com's account (Account under reseller #2's account) and when I go to the drop down box of IPs, that IP i used for test1.com and test2.com are no longer there.

So, my question to you is, if I move a reseller's hosts to a dedicated IP, why is it that I can't move any other reseller's sites to that same ip, it reserves it only for that one reseller.

Thanks.

2. optize

optize Well-Known Member

I think this is because the ip is not a 'shared IP' not sure why or how I can fix this but it's annoying.

3. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    search the forums this has been discussed before

search for shared ip

4. optize

optize Well-Known Member

Yep, found it right after I posted.

For those who don't wanna search more, it's not possible to have multiple shared ips unless you create a reseller and make it their shared IP.

Sucks but oh well.