The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weirdo Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anand, Aug 6, 2003.

1. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Its as crazy as the topic sounds.

I just created a reseller on a box of mine with

RH 7.3
    CPanel 7.4.x S7

The most weird thing happened, without giving any priveledges to the reseller, when i open whm using his login and password, I SEE CHANGE ROOT PASSWORD and stuff. Man wats going on at cpanel ???

Something more weird happened after that, i thought something was wrong, ran /scripts/upcp, MY EXIM WAS BLOWN OFF. It was actually deleted from the server including all conf files etc. WHAT IN THE WORLD IS HAPPENING ???

Well anyways i ran /scripts/exim4 to reinstall exim and it was installed. The new stable version installed by upcp also removed the reseller getting root access.

The point is not that it was solved in the next update, the whole point was, had i not checked in the reseller WHM and opened it myself before giving it to the reseller, my server would have been history. I think guys at cpanel should seriously look at this issue. I run only stable builds on this box, so wat does STABLE mean ?? I understand that wat comes in stable has already gone through edge and release versions. Atleast these serious bugs could have been washed out ???

Tell me if i am wrong about anything here...

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. sexy_guy

sexy_guy Well-Known Member

3. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Thx sexy_guy. I was so pissed off i didn't even think about searching first and then posting. anyways...

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: