Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Weired - I used to be able to UPLOAD.... now I cannot [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FUTURE FX, Apr 20, 2006.

1. FUTURE FX

FUTURE FX Registered

Hello all,
    I have a strange predicament... I can no longer UPLOAD my files to my site using cPanel. 98% of my site is online with only 4 or 5 pages left to UPLOAD, yet 2 days ago I went to UPLOAD a few pages in the exact same way I alwas do (via the cPanel: public /html - within cPanel itself) and there was NO CHANGE. I then tried to UPLOAD 3 pages which I made a few slight changes to that were already up... they too did not work. I get the message that the files were 'successfully uploaded & overwritten' - yet it's a no-go... there was NO CHANGE to these cosmetically changed pages.
    I use FrontPage to write the files/pages - yet I do not have 'FrontPage' extensions enabled, which has worked fine from DAY 1.
    I have asked for support from my Hosting Service (HOSTNEXXIS) but to no avail. In fact I have not had ANY reply from them both in emails (4) and also on thier site within 'Live Chat'. I also sent a 'Request Ticket'..... NO REPLY. No matter... I figured out those initial teething problems myself. I am now wondering IF Host Nexxis has closed shop - hence no luck with my UPLOADING of files.... or is it something that I am not seeing or doing???
    Also.... I seem to remember (I think) seeing an 'anti-virus' program built in to cPanel.... it is seemingly no longer there..... weird

cPanel: v10.8.1 release 113
    Site: http://www.futurefx.com.au

Cheers All... I hope someone here can help me with this.

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    4 days without a response to your ticket :p unacceptable

how are you connecting to cpanel via ip hostname or domain name ???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Try uploading your files via regular FTP rather than through cPanel.

You should also consider any obvious problems - can you not upload due to your quota having been reached?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. FUTURE FX

FUTURE FX Registered

Thanks for your input Dalem

I connect to cPanel via my IP address that Host Nexxis gave me originally. I am in Perth Australia and I can tell you that HOSTING in Australia in general is VERY expensive as opposed to the Americas. Host Nexxis are 'apparantly' in Canada. I had 4 or 5 quotes from Aussie Companies... the cheapest I could find was around $20 per month.... an average costing was in the $42 PM bracket ($400+ yearly), this gets you a measley 700MB Hard Drive space, 9GB of bandwidth and 30 email accounts.... owwwww... how big of them. In contrast Companies such as GoDaddy & HostNexxis offer MASSIVE inprovements on these figures. HostNexxis's 'NEXXGIGA' offer is: $9.95 PM / $120 yearly... for this you get 6GB Hard Drive storage, a whopping 150GB of bandwidth.... and 'unlimited' email accounts. There is litterally no comparison.
    So... as you see this was an extremely attractive offer that I could not walk by. If I had known that HostNexxis were not going to give me great service and back-up... I would have opted for the Aussie companies - yet they profess to have the BEST 'uptime' and service in the industry.

Again.... I truly hope that someone can hel me with my 'uploading' dilemma. Cheers all.

5. FUTURE FX

FUTURE FX Registered

Cheers Web.

I have tried also UPLOADING from AceFTP v3 - with no success/same as above. In regards to my quota.... lol... I haven't even scratched the surface.

6. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Well it looks like only your host will be able to help you there, which is a shame.