The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weired - I used to be able to UPLOAD.... now I cannot [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FUTURE FX, Apr 20, 2006.

1. FUTURE FX

FUTURE FX Registered

Hello all,
    I have a strange predicament... I can no longer UPLOAD my files to my site using cPanel. 98% of my site is online with only 4 or 5 pages left to UPLOAD, yet 2 days ago I went to UPLOAD a few pages in the exact same way I alwas do (via the cPanel: public /html - within cPanel itself) and there was NO CHANGE. I then tried to UPLOAD 3 pages which I made a few slight changes to that were already up... they too did not work. I get the message that the files were 'successfully uploaded & overwritten' - yet it's a no-go... there was NO CHANGE to these cosmetically changed pages.
    I use FrontPage to write the files/pages - yet I do not have 'FrontPage' extensions enabled, which has worked fine from DAY 1.
    I have asked for support from my Hosting Service (HOSTNEXXIS) but to no avail. In fact I have not had ANY reply from them both in emails (4) and also on thier site within 'Live Chat'. I also sent a 'Request Ticket'..... NO REPLY. No matter... I figured out those initial teething problems myself. I am now wondering IF Host Nexxis has closed shop - hence no luck with my UPLOADING of files.... or is it something that I am not seeing or doing???
    Also.... I seem to remember (I think) seeing an 'anti-virus' program built in to cPanel.... it is seemingly no longer there..... weird

cPanel: v10.8.1 release 113
    Site: http://www.futurefx.com.au

Cheers All... I hope someone here can help me with this.

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    4 days without a response to your ticket :p unacceptable

how are you connecting to cpanel via ip hostname or domain name ???

3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Try uploading your files via regular FTP rather than through cPanel.

You should also consider any obvious problems - can you not upload due to your quota having been reached?

4. FUTURE FX

FUTURE FX Registered

Thanks for your input Dalem

I connect to cPanel via my IP address that Host Nexxis gave me originally. I am in Perth Australia and I can tell you that HOSTING in Australia in general is VERY expensive as opposed to the Americas. Host Nexxis are 'apparantly' in Canada. I had 4 or 5 quotes from Aussie Companies... the cheapest I could find was around $20 per month.... an average costing was in the $42 PM bracket ($400+ yearly), this gets you a measley 700MB Hard Drive space, 9GB of bandwidth and 30 email accounts.... owwwww... how big of them. In contrast Companies such as GoDaddy & HostNexxis offer MASSIVE inprovements on these figures. HostNexxis's 'NEXXGIGA' offer is: $9.95 PM / $120 yearly... for this you get 6GB Hard Drive storage, a whopping 150GB of bandwidth.... and 'unlimited' email accounts. There is litterally no comparison.
    So... as you see this was an extremely attractive offer that I could not walk by. If I had known that HostNexxis were not going to give me great service and back-up... I would have opted for the Aussie companies - yet they profess to have the BEST 'uptime' and service in the industry.

Again.... I truly hope that someone can hel me with my 'uploading' dilemma. Cheers all.

5. FUTURE FX

FUTURE FX Registered

Cheers Web.

I have tried also UPLOADING from AceFTP v3 - with no success/same as above. In regards to my quota.... lol... I haven't even scratched the surface.

6. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Well it looks like only your host will be able to help you there, which is a shame.