The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome Email???

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by kd1ak, May 4, 2006.

1. kd1ak

kd1ak Registered

With my last hosting company when I created a new account it automatically sent an email to the new customer with all of thier server information. I am not having any luck with my new hosting company getting the same results. Can anybody give me some direction. It would be a pain in the ass to do it manually and the automatic was sweet. Any assistance would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Tony

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

The standard setup does not send any email to the customer, just to the account creator, either root or reseller. To send a welcome email to the customer automatically, you need to use a postwwwacct script to do it.

I have a script to do that. Check my WHM/cPanel scripts link in my sig below.

3. kd1ak

kd1ak Registered

Many Thanks!!

I was surprised not to have any replies sooner but yours looks like it will do the trick. Thanks for the info. I will try to install it tonight and sees what happens. Hopefully I have the access I need to get it working.
    Thanks Again,
    Tony

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

If you are a reseller, you probably won't be able to add a postwwwacct script. Only root can do that.