The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wget & Backups

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by markcru, Nov 7, 2010.

1. markcru

markcru Registered

Hey Guys,

Ive always been using wget on a separate machine to grab the sql / home directory backups off my server. But as of late they are all failing with error .

The command I am using is wget --user=username --password=password http://www.example.com:2082/getsqlbackup/database.sql.gz

Any Ideas ? Ive tried the same command on another server and it works fine, Both running the same Cpanel Version.

2. dcsweb

dcsweb Registered

Same problem just surfaced for me after an update at HG
    Script always worked fine before.

Steps so far:
    I'm having the ticket looked at by one of the admins after I brought the techs attention to the change.....to see if they can change it back...otherwise looks like we'll need to add some sort of 'curl' to the scripts to back them up.

#2 dcsweb, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  3. dcsweb

dcsweb Registered

We now have a working bash script using curl and the 'fetchcsv' whm function to automatically build the backups.

Ready to go if anyone is interested, let me know.

4. bcscomp

bcscomp Registered

My ISP changed setting on the server to block wget so I used links2 instead like this:

links2 -dump http://user:password@www.webaddress:2082/pathtobackup/database.sql.gz > /home/user/localfolder/database.sql