Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fall0ut, Apr 20, 2004.

1. fall0ut

fall0ut Registered

Ok, this is just really frustrating. I've paid for Cpanel already, and I've installed their "beta" for Debian Woody which is completely unusable. Now after that I moved onto SuSE 8.2, which ALSO was unusable (I'm not fixing stuff if I paid for it, this should be their responsibility) Now I'm on RedHat 9 which is the "awnser" the support guys gave me. Ok, so I install it on RedHat 9. This one works better t han the other 2, but apache isn't starting, it symlinks /usr/sbin/httpd -> /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl WHICH DOESN'T EXIST. Evidently it erased the default apache RPM that is installed by RedHat. Their installation documentations SUCKS. If I pay this much money for something, I want it to work. The support does nothing but give me a "bug" to track. Any other comments on this?

2. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Yes..

You're doing something wrong.

I've installed cPanel on hundreds of RH9 boxes, never had this problem :)

You need to paste us exact errors for us to be able to help you.

3. fall0ut

fall0ut Registered

What it looks like, is Cpanel isn't installing its version of Apache. I've followed what FEW installation instructions they have. /usr/local/apache/ is blank. Nothing ever gets installed there. Even when you go through the WHM to install apache, it says that it finishes but it never installs Apache.