The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are these errors?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anup123, Jun 3, 2005.

1. anup123

anup123 Well-Known Member

I see a lot of these errors in messages log file:

named[8440]: client 61.0.0.67#1234: error sending response: host unreachable

and started just today. What are these related to? I don't see anything abnormal except for these on the server. Any clue?

TIA
    Anup

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Usually not a problem. It's someone requesting a domain resolution from your name server and then not accepting the reply back on port 53. They've probably got the port blocked on a local firewall. I've also seen it happen with Windows clients that stupidly use non-ephemeral ports (i.e. <1024) to make the query from.

3. anup123

Thanks. Yes it could be Windows issue as i also find one of our clients continuously having that DNS Update issue (which by default is on on Windows). Actually the same client was having issues connecting to POP using the same ISP (to which this IP belongs) and was stupidly telling us that when they configure mail.domain.tld they cannot connect but if they put in IP address they can. Told them to try from another ISP and they could so for the time being have them off the Support requests... :confused:

Thanks again

Anup

4. anup123