The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your thoughts on something like this?

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by sitehostz, Jan 31, 2004.

1. sitehostz

sitehostz Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    I have been messing around this morning with the xskin and I had the idea to make the user cp framed like the whm. However, I didn't do any graphics work because I want the theme to load fast and have more of a business feel to it than an artsy type of theme.

Some differences is that there are no longer links for any addon scripts or cgi scripts in general. I have also removed links/pages related to telnet and whatever else.

Everynow and then I see some commercial control panels who are more aimed towards business hosting and not adding tons of bells and whistles or addons that can cause security issues so I have moreless tried to do the same thing while sticking to a business only theme.

Here is a screenshot, Let me know what you think.
    http://www.sohotemplates.com/bpanel.html

Since this design is mostly based on parts of xskin, does anyone know if I allow downloads of this 100% for free if it is violating anything? I didn't do this to make money, I did it moreless for something to do over the past 2 hours.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. oinkmedia

oinkmedia Well-Known Member

I like it, very clean and business orientated. As far as I am aware (please correct me if I'm wrong), you should be free to offer it as a free download providing you have not included any copyrighted graphics that relate it to the skin you were inspired by.

3. blacksmith

blacksmith Registered

"DOCUMENT NOT FOUND"