The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what caused php to automatically rebuild?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spaceman, Nov 6, 2005.

1. spaceman

spaceman Well-Known Member

Hi All,

We've got two dedicated servers running php 4.4.0. On Oct 30th php got rebuilt on one of them, minus Zend Optimizer, and downgraded to 4.3.x. 40 minutes later the same thing happened to the other server. Our preferences here on both servers are all set to 'manual updates only':

WHM > Server Setup > Update Config

So my question is - what could have caused this to happen automatically?

I can't rule out 100% that someone manually initiated this, but if it was someone then I don't know who (which is a bit of a worry). If it wasn't, i.e. it happened by itself, then I need to find out where and why and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Any takers? Thanks in anticipation.

2. jackie46

jackie46 BANNED

Its Mr Ghost! I mean come on. Unless somebody else has root access to your box, i find it impossible for PHP to be rebuilt. Besides, even if somebody else did have root access, why would they bother? If they had root they would be more interested in rooting the box not rebuilding PHP. Maybe you should be looking at your logs.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

cPanel won't rebuild apache or php for you, it has to be initiated manually, unless you've failed to exclude php* in your OS vendors update app (e.g. up2date or yum) which will really screw things up.