The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what did i do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeff39, Jun 12, 2011.

1. jeff39

jeff39 Registered

Yesterday I bought a second hosting account with cpanel. It had its own login to control panel, its own files, etc. Today I deleted the contents of public_html of the new account. I was then having difficulty moving new files into public_html. Then I was asked my login, which was not accepted. Neither account login. All websites are down now from both accounts with forbidden access and 404 messages. I can't log in with any id. Then I get an email with a refund for my second account. I'm afraid the accounts were merged and somehow files were lost. Any ideas?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Yes, one, contact the hosting provider you purchased the account(s) from. Not much anyone here can do to help with this one.

GL!

3. linux7802

linux7802 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes Infopro is correct no one can help you here to resolve your issue, its always better to consult such issue with server/hosting provider as they are having server root login details.

4. jeff39

jeff39 Registered

Thanks guys, I submitted a support request to the host provider. Much appreciated!