Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

What do YOU use for Billing / Accounting ? ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bradyb, Feb 9, 2007.

1. bradyb

bradyb Well-Known Member

Hey guys..

Thought I would see what you guys are using for Billing / Accounting. Like most of you, I own a web design company with about 250 Clients. Those yearly hosting payments on my end are weak with billing. I used Microsoft Money for a while and that was ok. I downloaded Microsoft Accounting 2007 today and pretty impressed with Credit Card / Paypal Integration and ease of use.

I was looking at whoiscart (http://whoiscart.net/) although I dont really do much selling domains but know it handles hosting as well.

My Charges are simple.

> I Charge xxxx dollars to Design The website
    > xxx?? for hosting depending on Package (Yearly)
    > Maintenance Sometimes
    > Extra Programming

etc etc..

I am really interested to know what you guys that do similar work as I use.

Hope to hear from some of you soon as I am pulling my hair out and need a solution.

Tons of Software out there, should I go web based??? Help :)

Thanks,
    Brady

2. monaghan

monaghan Well-Known Member

Whoiscart will do all that you need and for a good price!

We use it, it's easy to create your own theme for it and with a little bit of customisation you can make it good for selling just about anything.

You can add a setup fee to a hosting package, so this would cover your creation and hosting fees, extra products can be added quite easily (we do software and ADSL sales / billing via the cart as well)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

whmcs is excellent and highly configurable. Very inexpensive to renew license.

4. monaghan

monaghan Well-Known Member

The problem I had with whmcs is that it only did cpanel and didn't integrate with other panels. Given thta cPanel for Windows is not ready, then you'll need at least support for 2 panels to offer a choice between Linux & Windows.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jenlepp

jenlepp Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I use Ubersmith and have for years - I think I was one of their early signups, and it's really changed a bit over the years for the better, and is pretty configurable. I have it hosted by them because I like having the billing off-network and away from the hosted accounts, but I know that they have downloadable versions, too.

My only caveat is that when you get bigger (which I did) it can get pretty pricey (which it has), but even though there are cheaper alternatives out there, the reporting and flexibility I have with it is worth the added cost, IMO. YMMV.

http://www.ubersmith.com

6. brendanrtg

brendanrtg Well-Known Member

We use whmcs for our accounting and account creation purposes. As of now, they support DirectAdmin and Plesk as well, besides cPanel.