The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does it take....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by abstracthosting, Oct 21, 2003.

1. abstracthosting

what does it take for cpanel to come out and say that they hosed the recent updates.... Account creations are screwed... email is screwed.... Permissions are screwed.... You cant upload anything unless its to home directory and then move it via shell to where you want it... There are posts on almost every major forum out there about this right now. My datacenter has troubletickets in with cpanel and they say that they are not getting a response either... The tech said that he has personally fielded 4 calls in the past few hours he has been in and piled those affected domains on to the trouble ticket. I am having to manually create every single account because packages do not work at all... I could understand this if I was running edge but stable should be stable...Give us a timeframe we pay for this product and its not functioning correctly.

Don Everhart
    Deverhart@abstracthosting.com

2. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

There was a statment on this site (sorry I do not have a link) to the effect of warning against updating to the Beta release.

It basically said (that if you were concerned about stability) to skip the Beta and download either the Stable or Edge release (at least in the near term). That sounds like an admission to me thephantom.

Obviously otherwise working installs were disrupted by recent updates.

3. sky

sky Well-Known Member

i only use Stable.

it does what it says. It is STABLE. Hmmm why would anyone in the correct frame of mind use BETA on a production machine?

4. jcaviani

jcaviani Member

Read the comments before you spew

I'm sorry but several of you are seriously misinformed. If you would take the time to read the comments rather than opening your yap, you would know that most of the people having problems upgraded to a supposed stable release at the urging of the news page on C-Panel itself. Several of us have only tried the beta version as a possible remedy as a result of other forum comments. Neither version is working properly.

I appreciate the input - it's more than we get from the invisible C-panel staff, but it would help if you would familiarize yourself with the context before delivering your misinformed opinions.

#4 jcaviani, Oct 22, 2003
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2003
  5. abstracthosting

thaphantom

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15930&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

cybernet posts:
    you sir even post in that thread saying,

So what was that again you havent read about any of these issues? Its not important that a stable release of a program operates as it should and my clients can set their permissions from the file manager as it is suggested the product allows them to do? Until you have a valid complaint about something I post take your cute little "Sob" title and go gripe at someone else, maybe handle your angst in RL rather than on a forum?

back to topic now.. CPANEL FIX OUR STUFF.

6. jcaviani

jcaviani Member

Yes, C-PANEL FIX YOUR STUFF. Let us know that you at least have a pulse.

Please report this post to a moderator!

7. sky

sky Well-Known Member

hmmm .... i have NO problems at all with ANY stable release for the past ONE full year.

seriously, the issues i found out that most of my users are having problems is with are usually client side. either they forgot to configure something. their network has problems or basically just a simple PEBKAC issue.

ps: for those not familiar with the term : PEBKAC = Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

8. Silverado

Silverado Well-Known Member

Flaming cPanel isn't going to get you anywhere.
    20+ servers running stable 3 8.53 and no problems.
    This isn't to say that you don't have some issues, but this isn't a perfect world... and machines,..... much like their human conterparts, will have issues and they must be resolved. cPanel is the best in my opinion and you should really try to be more diplomatic about your issue and comments.. this is a forum so you can post what you want,,... but I don't see a need to flame them.
    BTW, any support ticket I have ever entered with cPanel has been answered quickly and resolved 100%.... some even by Nick!