The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hexstar, Apr 4, 2006.

1. hexstar

hexstar Active Member

Interesting, today I go to cpanel.net and I see that they finally have a real cpanel and whm demo setup again, what caused you guys to decide to do this? I thought your guys stance was to not provide such a demo setup due to security concerns and that you were fine with just providing us with screenshots? Also I notice that MacOS X is no longer listed as being worked on for development nor is it in any of the main cPanel compatibility distro lists...what happened? Did you guys decide to stop work on developing cPanel for MacOS X? :(

2. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    From what I have picked up they dropped solaris and mac OS but on a good note windows cpanel is close :)

Cpanel is ass deep in development right now trying to get everything working so they can deploy the new modules/programs that everyone is screaming about.

windows version is close

word is apache2 support is really close

now if they can keep the schedule who knows

3. hexstar

hexstar Active Member

screw windows, the windows side of Microsoft is in complete shambles right now as shown here: http://minimsft.blogspot.com/2006/03/vista-2007-fire-leadership-now.html (a blog post made by an anonymous microsoft employee on his blog, has lots of followup comments by other anonymous microsoft employees as well as well as just general observers)....I'm disappointed that they decided to stop development on cPanel for MacOS X...I think that would've been very popular and a great addition to an already awesome OS...I hope they change their minds and decide to recontinue development on OS X....

4. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I agree fully about microsucks but they are like AOL. They have the worst product but the best advertising so therefor a lot of people think they are the best thing since sliced bread.

That being said we have customers that want hosted on winblows period. They do not want hosted on a linux,unix,mac box so thats why I am looking forward to the windows version of cpanel. The customers that demand hosting on windows have money that spends just as good as the rest

5. superiorhost

superiorhost Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Dave is right.
    Most of us only use linux servers because we all know micro SUCKS..
    but, you can't ignore the fact that without windoze servers, we are loosing a growing market share, and and that is costing us all.

Most of the control panels for widows right now aren't too good. So, getting the cpanel team to finish up the first working version will be a great addition to our arsonals.
    I won't be brave enough to be one of the first, but I can say within he first 6 months I will give it a try.

Tim L