Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED What happened to checkboxes for PHP extensions?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Jim Ratliff, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Jim Ratliff

Jim Ratliff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm using cPanel 68.0.25. There is a lot of documentation around the web showing a module

cPanel » Software » Select PHP Version

that allows you to (a) choose your PHP version but, more importantly for me, (b) check boxes to select extensions such as OPcache. (See for example: Manage PHP and PHP settings in cPanel - Interserver Tips .)

But when I look at my cPanel, I don't have "Select PHP Version". I do have "MultiPHP Manager," which allows me to set the PHP version per domain, and "MultiPHP INI Editor". But I don't see anything that allows me, for example, to enable OPcache with a single click of a mouse.

Has that capability been removed from cPanel? Or, if not, where would I find it?

2. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The facility that you see in the web page you refer to is provided by the PHP Selector provided by Cloudlinux and the alt-php packages.

If you only see the MultiPHP Manager that is included by default in cPanel, you probably do NOT have Cloudlinux/alt-php installed
    **OR**
    (if you do have Cloudlinux/alt-php installed) you have the PHP Selector disabled in the feature list for the package you are using for that particular account.

See CloudLinux Documentation for further information

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 rpvw, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Jim Ratliff likes this.
  3. Jim Ratliff

Jim Ratliff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks, @rpvw. That resolves that mystery. I have a VPS (rather than shared tenancy) so don't have Cloudlinux.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

I've marked this thread as solved.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...