The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to Configure PHP & SuExec Popup?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by friedmayofan, Sep 14, 2014.

1. friedmayofan

friedmayofan Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I thought there might be a good reason this disappeared after rebuilding with EasyApache. But whatever upgrades happened from early august to early september, (I think two minor versions?), or maybe a bug or change in cPanel (as I checked EA change log) got rid of this automatic popup.

The reason I'm inquiring is I ended up having a horrible time latenight trying to troubleshoot on a live server after I thought everything was going well, but all that had to be done is just re-run the PHP/SuExec configuration after rebuilding. I searched on the net to find this fix at some random forum. So apparently, sometimes this needs to be run for everything to work properly: so why get rid of it coming up automatically?

On a related note, I had something change on my configuration without me doing it: when I went to edit last config, which I also had saved, MYSQLi had apparently been unchecked, when this was part of the last configuration? Another unexpected issue.

Platform (release tier) 11.44.1.18 EA 3.26.(whatever it was on Tuesday night) on CentOS 5.10 x86 64

I solved everything, just wanted to communicate my concerns as they might have/will affect others.

Thanks,
    friedmayofan

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    For me, sometimes the EasyApache update finishes but looses the connection. There's a message at finish about this, I don't recall offhand what is says exactly. You could right click that right side frame and choose refresh, and the popup to Configure PHP and suEXEC will come up in that case, or just jump over to here from the left side menu:
    WHM » Service Configuration » Configure PHP and suEXEC and hit, Save New Configuration to save.

With the new Profiles Editor recently added, it might be a good idea if you haven't yet, it sounds like you already did, to go thru creating a new Profile from scratch and save for future use.

EasyApache does not run by itself.

3. cPBrett

cPBrett cPanel Developer
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you for your patience. The issue is related to builds that last longer than 16 minutes and 40 seconds (1,000 seconds). The response process on the server side ends prematurely, but the build continues as usual. The current work around is to click the refresh link right above the black build process output box.

It has been been fixed, but there is no information on when the fix will be released at this time.

Thank you

4. friedmayofan

friedmayofan Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Great, thanks guys! I'll be upgrading to 11.46 soonish, so maybe it got in there…

thanks infopro, I'll try to be more clear next time, thanks for the half of your response that was to what I said correctly! I had a detailed response, but it got wiped… too tire to retype. I'll take your advice and rebuild with a "scratch" profile next time. Thanks!