The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to Raw aLog Manager?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kaith Rustaz, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Kaith Rustaz

Kaith Rustaz Active Member

On server1 in Cpanel under "Raw Logs Manager" it gives this option:
    Archive Logs in your home directory at the end of each stats run [every 1 day(s)]

On server2 however, it gives this:
    Archive Logs in your home directory at the end of each month
    Which didn't work, and I lost 2 weeks worth of web logs.

How do I get it to archive them at stat run?

Both servers are running the latest version of Release.

Thanks!

2. Kaith Rustaz

Ok, anyone know how to get a copy of a domains raw logs dumped real-time into a seperate directory in the users home space? Gziping at end-of-month also a plus. :)

3. Kaith Rustaz

Ok, talked to datacenter who said I need to open a ticket with cpanel, which they did for me.

cpanel told me to talk to the dc and basically not to bother them.

So, I'm on my own here and I'm stuck with an inability to use a feature that is inexplainably missing from 1 server's version of cpanel.

Which means, either cpanel is issuing different versions of the same release, or.... what?

So, I have no logs, no support, and no idea on how to do something as bloody simple as get a copy of my raw logs.

Right.

Have I mentioned I'm also using a server management team who is equally stumped?

3 servers
    1-fedora - says "Archive Logs in your home directory at the end of each stats run [every 1 day(s)]"
    1 centos 3.x - says "Archive Logs in your home directory at the end of each stats run [every 1 day(s)]"
    1 centos 4.x says "Archive Logs in your home directory at the end of each month"

All are running the same version of cpanel. Release edition. Have tried upgrading/downgrading to both stable and current, still have that oddball out there.

4. hbouma

hbouma Well-Known Member

Hi,

Did you check your tweak settings on the server that doesn't let you keep stats after its ran and see if the option to delete log files after stats is ran is disabled? You're probably not getting that option because you're keeping your log files after stats is ran. If you keep your stat files, there aren't any incremental stat files to archive after each run.

Hal

5. Kaith Rustaz

Here's the settings on the server that's not allowing me to have monthly log archives. What's misset? I really need these logs, and CPanel's been no help.

Thanks!

Stats and Logs
    * Allow users to update Awstats from cPanel
    Chmod value for raw apache log files (0640 is the default):
    Delete each domain's access logs after stats run
    Do not include password in the raw log download link in cPanel (via ftp).
    Do not reset /usr/local/apache/domlogs/ftpxferlog after it has been seperated into each domain name's ftp log
    * Exim Stats Daemon (required for smtp bandwidth logging; must also be modified in the service manager as well)
    Keep Stats Log (/usr/local/cpanel/logs/stats_log) between cpanel restarts (default is off)
    * Keep log files at the end of the month (default is off as you can run out of disk space quickly)
    Number of days between processing log files and bandwidth usage (default 1, decimal values are ok): 0.5
    Stats Log Level (default is 1, larger numbers indicate more debug information in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/stats_log) [0...10]: 1
    The load average above the number of cpus at which logs file processing should be suspended (default 0): 0
    * When viewing bandwidth usage in WHM, always display in Megabytes first.