The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what happens if i didnt turn off my centos firewall before installing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by durangod, Sep 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. durangod

durangod Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Im doing my 15day trial and i saw the link to install via command line and knowing i had plenty of system to install cpanel i just started it downloading. I had my server company preinstall centos6 64bit.

Then while it was running i just got curious and looked at the requirements page and saw the warnings about the ip tables. I dont know if i even had any at all or if anything was turned on or not. But lets say it was, should i remove cpanel and start over or what happens now?

There have been no red flags or issues during the install so far, its still running

Thanks

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

There's no need to reinstall cPanel. Firewall guidance is offered because traffic through certain ports are required for various aspects of cPanel/WHM. The following document offers information on which ports are required for each service:

How to Configure Your Firewall for cPanel Services - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

For instance, if inbound TCP connections over port 2082 were blocked, then users wouldn't be able to access cPanel over port 2082.

Thank you.

3. durangod

durangod Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    OK thanks everything went well so far, rebooting now.. ;)

cPanelMichael likes this.