The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happens to Tomcat if I upgrade to EA4?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by spry_jdk, May 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. spry_jdk

spry_jdk Registered

I really need to upgrade to EasyApache 4, for PHP 7 support. During the install process, I came across info that EA4 doesn't support Tomcat, so I stopped the upgrade. I'm not sure what "not support" means. I have a Tomcat installation on the server currently to host Solr.

If I upgrade to EA4, what happens to Tomcat? Will it be removed from the server? Or does this just mean that I would need to manage Tomcat versions manually, but that the Tomcat server and what it is hosting would remain without issue?

Thanks,
    Julia

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Tomcat support in CentOS 7 | cPanel Blog
    There are chances that things will be broken for you if you switch to EA4 from EA3. However, I would advise you test it out first before you do this on a production server..

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Upgrading to EasyApache 4 will likely break your existing Tomcat installation (assuming it was installed using EA3). I encourage you to vote and add feedback to the following feature request if you'd like to see support for Tomcat added to EasyApache 4:

Tomcat Support in EasyApache 4

I've not seen any successful reports of user-submitted workarounds for Tomcat on systems running EasyApache 4, however you can find a list of system administration services on the following URL if that's something you'd like to explore with a third-party:

System Administration Services | cPanel Forums

Thank you.

4. nightfall_sg

nightfall_sg Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi CPanelMichael,

Does this mean that I will not be able to install Joget on my Cpanel server? It will required Java-JDK and a Tomcat server.

dev.joget.org/community/display/KBv5/Installation+on+Linux

Appreciate your guidance here.

Thanks.

#4 nightfall_sg, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2017
  5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You will not be able to use that application with EasyApache 4 if it requires Tomcat. That said, here's a recent thread you may find helpful if you want to try manually configuring Tomcat with EasyApache 4:

Tomcat for EasyApache 4

Keep in mind the workaround is unsupported, so we are unable to troubleshoot any issues with it's installation or functionality.

Thank you.