The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is a handler?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juggalo Bags, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Juggalo Bags

Juggalo Bags Registered

IM trying to add a forum to my site...some of the files are .php. I am pretty sure i have to go to the apache handlers and add .php as a setting. But what do I put for the handler?

I think that is the only problem I am having trying to set up my forum.

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

There should, by default, be a handler in the Apache configuration file to deal with PHP scripts.

Unless you have root access to the server and have explicitly removed PHP or removed the handler from the Apache configuration file, everything should be fine.

You don't mention of any errors, so I have to assume you haven't encountered any. Therefore your best option would be to install the forum, see what happens, and then act only on any errors you might encounter - there's an astonishingly good chance it will work.

3. Juggalo Bags

Juggalo Bags Registered

The only error I got was a 404 error. But I was reading the phpbb forum and they said when that happens I need to delete /install and /contrib because of a security issue and i should be fine.

4. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

well, go ahead and delete install and contrib folder already! Still got problem?