The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is a typical set up?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yamaharr1, Apr 13, 2008.

1. yamaharr1

yamaharr1 Well-Known Member

Hello I know this is a lot to ask of people so I hope someone can take the time.

I have a server with
    WHM 11.15.0 cPanel 11.18.3-C21703
    CENTOS Enterprise 4.6 i686 on standard - WHM X v3.1.0

Apache

PHP Version
    4.4.8 (dso)
    5.2.5 (dso)

MySQL
    5.0.45-community-log

I would like to know when you use EasyApache to do your build what are the best settings to choose when building?

I know this is a bit hard to answer because everyone’s needs can be different. But what I am wondering most is; as you are going through the list of things to have set up what do the majority of people tick? I see in the list a tick box for "virtualhost" is this the best way to run a shared server?

The people I have on there mostly are running HTML sites so this is no big deal but I have a few other sites that have pretty extensive needs and I want to make sure I am servicing them right.

Some of the applications consist of:
    HTML
    PHP
    AJAX
    Video hosting
    Data storage
    A massive amount of RSS feeds
    Download site

These things are not that big of a deal but my users sites are starting to get pretty diverse and I want to make sure the server runs at its best along with the users being able to run a wide variety of things(Securely of course)

Also what would be the typical if any "RPM Package Installer" to use?

Thanks to anyone that has the time to give me some pointers.