Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

What is best anti-virus / anti-spam solution for cpanel server?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by krisdv, Jul 27, 2007.

1. krisdv

krisdv Well-Known Member

So far I have come up with:

1. Spamassassin + clamavconnector
    2. Mailscanner + clamav
    3. ASSP X
    4. RVSKIN solution usuing Exim+Exiscan+Clamav+RBL+Spamassassin+SARE+Razor+DCC

What solution do you prefer and why? I'm not really looking for a solution where clients can change settings. I would rather keep a serverwide config. All feedback is much appreciated.

2. jandafields

jandafields Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Asspx + Clamav

3. verdon

verdon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm not disagreeing, you may be 100% correct. Do some reading here first though, it looks to me like asspx takes a lot of hands on configuring and training. I use mailscanner/clamav and yes, the load increases, but... it works and doesn't require too much babysitting.

4. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

i am one of the user of mailscanner+clamav.

I have been using this combination since before I even use cpanel. When I switched to cpanel years ago, I tried rvskin's manual solution. It was a great solution but lacks mailwatch. I was one of the first users to use mailwatch during it's infancy. I find it extremely hard not able to use mailwatch when using rvskin's solution. That was because I was still new to cpanel and did not know how to manually install mailwatch.

After that, came the installation script from configserver. It was a great tool as the installation includes mailwatch. I have been using this script ever since.

So, you could say I am very comfortable with mailscanner+clamav+mailwatch from configserver. I have hear great things about assp and how it is so light and fast. But I think assp still is not as stable as mailscanner combo yet. For once, the installation and maintenance is not up there yet. Until then, I will stick to mailscanner combo.

my 2 cents. :)

5. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

I just use spamassassin and clamav. No spam issues to mention on heavily used servers. The new versions work very well with basic configs.

6. jandafields

jandafields Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I use asspx. It comes pre-configured well, and has lots of GUI control to change something if you want to.

7. IPSecureNetwork

IPSecureNetwork Well-Known Member

Spam Protection

Hi, well the cpanel provide a good protection against spammers but need some tunning to be more hardest...

the new exim configuration of cpanel 11 with spamassasing integration provide a good way to tunning.

a good idea to improve is the use of RBL and DNSBL .. Zen from spamhouse and spamcop DNSBL will be a good option.. filter the 80% or more of the spamming mails and the rest will be filteres by the same spamassasin ... this will increase your antispam solution to 90% of filtering power...

this stadistics comes from some box i have .. with a mail traffic of 23500 mails aprox. per day ... when the real email traffic its the 10% of that.... the rest was all filtered by DNSBL's activateds and a better tunning of Spamassasin ..+ Clamav ( as a perl module of course )

i hope this can help you