The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best licence for me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by comake, Sep 6, 2007.

1. comake

comake Member

Hello,

I have buy a cpanel licence last year because my website get visitors and can't be hosted on a shared server. I don't have the time to learn how to setup a dedicated server so I buy Cpanel faster.
    I never used special functions of cpanel. I just use it to be able to run a dedicated server and to setup my personnal website.

I need to renew my licence now. But I don't know what is the best solution for me : One year licence or One time licence ?

I hope this year I will learn to setup myself my own server. But cpanel is good because they offer all the functions of a dedicated server. But I think cpanel is better for hosting companies or people who get more than 1 website.

What is the best for me, one more year licence or a one time licence ?

There is something to change on your dedicated server when you renew your licence ? What is the delay ?

sorry for my english

thank you

2. xyber13

xyber13 Well-Known Member

You Sure

Hi,

What do you mean by you receive visitors that you cannot be hosted on a shared server? Were you referring to a huge site traffic or was it just requirements that administrators for shared server will not accommodate to?

If that is the case, what you can do is to get a reseller account or even a VPS. I'm sure it would be cheaper to do so than to maintain your own server. Plus what you said was you had no time to go through the CPanel features and config. If it is just for personal usage, i would highly recommend either of the two options mentioned above.

Kudoz to Cpanel for all its great functions and feature!!! :)

Rgrds,
    Xyber13.

3. comake

comake Member

I receive 10k visitors per day and all shared hosting providers fired me. This is only for traffic and maybe ressources.

They say it was the same if I take a VDS or a reseller account. I used to many ressources.