The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best solution for the VPS hosting trouble.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smashrc, Dec 25, 2009.

1. smashrc

smashrc Registered

What is the best solution for the VPS hosting trouble.

I'm using a VPS hosting with SentOS WHN/Cpanel. My site is going up and down everyday. It has been already like 3 days. Services restarts 2-3 times a day. I have no clue on what are those services nor how to solve it. So, I asking hosting company for help. Seems to me they have no idea on what is really going on too. I keep getting emails from Cpanel on service restarted. Following are the examples:

cpanellogd on host.hello.com failed
    spamd on host.hello.com failed
    nameserver on host.hello.com failed
    queueprocd on host.hello.com failed
    mysql on host.hello.com failed
    exim on host.hello.com failed
    cpsrvd on host.hello.com failed

Seems to me I'm helpless on solving this issue and I need to make it working asap. So, I'm thinking to move my site to share hosting. I don't need too many control. As long as my my site running smoothly, i will be fine. Do you guys think going to share hosting will cut trouble for those back end issue? Do you think this is my best solution to solve this problem?

2. verdon

verdon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If all you really need is to have a reliable place to host your website, and a couple email accounts, then chances are good the VPS and it's responsibilities are not what you need. A reliable shared or managed host of some kind would be a better option for you. You don't need to be a system administrator too :)