The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best way to setup multiple domains/ips to one web root?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nsanden, Jun 7, 2011.

1. nsanden

nsanden Member

Title should say it all. Currently the only way I can figure this out is creating an "addon" domain on top of a master domain, change the ip in the dns record for each domain, change the ip in each userdata file. Is this the best route, or is there a more efficient way? It's going to create one big httpd conf file.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is there a reason you would like to have multiple domains housed under the same account with different IP addresses from the main account?

Right now, the only way I know how to do this is the route you've already indicated, although you might be able to use a script to automate it in some manner.

Also, you may wish to voice your support for this feature request that concerns adding support for multiple IPs and SSLs per account:

http://forums.cpanel.net/f145/case-...ple-ssl-certificates-ips-per-acct-138917.html

3. nsanden

nsanden Member

Thank you for the reply.

Well I want the unique IP's for SEO purposes. I want all of the domains to pull from the same web root so I don't have to install and update a hundred different copies of wordpress. If nobody knows a better route, I will probably just do the addon domains and like you said, make a script to automate it as much as I can.