The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the difference between skins?

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by abacrux, Jun 16, 2003.

1. abacrux

abacrux Registered

Hi all!

I'm new to CPanel and I'm deeply interested in getting CPanel, what prevents me from buying is the lack of German support (I understand English well, but not my customers) and so I was wondering if there were any German skins. I found them but I found this site too:

http://www.rvskin.com/comparison.html

So I'm now wondering *how* is it possible that the customized skin has more features than the standard skin?! I thought of skins that they only change the layout and not the underlying "software"? Can someone please give me any info on this?

Thank you
    Fernando

PS: Antworten k├Ânnen auch auf Deutsch verfasst werden.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: none

2. spiraltechnics

spiraltechnics Active Member

Hey,

For the most part the basic idea of creating a theme is to be able to build a layout and color theme to you liking. However, with the addition of the PHP wrapper inside CPanel. Many theme creators now have the option of creating some scalable applications with the compounds of Cpanel. This was truly a good idea. Although you are limited to certain functions and methods, you can create some fine additiions to your cpanel theme. Many people have installed ticket systems, community forums, contact & upgrade forms so there customers can access everything direct from there control panel.

I believe there are quite a few skins that support the German language. If not most, soon in the future they will. Considering you are bilingual you definetely have the ability to translate the any skins in German yourself. Perhaps the skin maker may even cut you a deal :cool:

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

3. abacrux

abacrux Registered

@spiraltechnics: Thank you! Now I know how they do this ;)

@all: If you want to have your (hopefully best) theme translated into German, let me know. Of course, I'd like to see the theme BSD-licensed or at least freeware. :)

Bye
    Fernando

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: