The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the maximum database size that phpmyadmin can handle?

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by mr.wonderful, Apr 19, 2004.

1. mr.wonderful

mr.wonderful BANNED

Our user is trying to import a 27mb dump via phpmyadmin and this is what his getting

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries/read_dump.lib.php on line 77

What is max size of databases that can be imported?????

2. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

This is a function of your php settings and not the fault of phpmyadmin. You can adjust the 300 second session limit and the file upload limit (I believe 8MB) if need be.

You might want to consider simply having the client send you the DB (compressed) and restoring it yourself.

BTW, later versions of phpmyadmin can support gzipped files so you may want to have your client try that. In my experience DB files compress very well and it is quite possible that their 27MB file can be uploaded without having to change any php defaults.

[EDIT]On second thought, the default is 2MB so you will most likely have to edit your php.ini to allow the client to upload the file[/EDIT]

#2 SarcNBit, Apr 19, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2004
  3. alex042

alex042 Well-Known Member

Default file upload is 2mb, but I believe default post is 55mb. I'm not sure, but phpmyadmin may be using the default post figure.

4. mooseontheloose

just do it from the shell... tell your user to ftp it to somewhere on his account and then you can run:

Code:
    mysqlimport user_db < whatever.sql

5. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

You need to be conscious of the max_allowed_packet value in your my.cnf file. I believe the default is 1MB.