The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the Statistics Software Configuration for?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by siouxsie, Jun 21, 2005.

1. siouxsie

siouxsie BANNED

In tweaks we have Awstats enabled. With the latest Cpanel update E192 we now see a new icon on the users control panel called, Statistics Software Configuration. What is this icon for? I mean, if we always had Awstats checked in WHM, and new and existing clients have alwyas used awstats, why would users need to enable the option under Statistics Software Configuration now?

We dont have log selection enabled in WHM under Addons, at least i dont see this option anymore. Confused.

2. siouxsie

siouxsie BANNED

Feature manager does not have an option to disable this option!

3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

I believe the new stats manager was introduced in E192 to replace the previous Statistics Software Configuration option.

I haven't seen E192 or later, but perhaps there is a new add-on module to install to adminster this new stats manager?

4. nickn

nickn Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi,

This module allows users to disable/enable the stats themselves as well. You should be able to disable this by going to the option in WHM and not allowing any users to disable/enable.

5. manokiss

manokiss Well-Known Member

just a question, there are a checkbox looks like is doing nothing --> "Allow all users to change their web statistics generating software." unless you also click on "modify" and add the user, if i do not click in "modify" and add any user just checking that checkbox is doing nothing.

also there are any way to give this management to enable/diable per user to the reseller WHm level, through Features manager or through the reseller permissions?

ty!

6. eger

eger Well-Known Member

I can confirm that checking "Allow all users to change their web statistics generating software." does nothing... it should allow all the users without having to add them manually.

Also shouldn't this option not be available in cPanel if we do not allow changing of the stats? otherwise the option just shows a table of stats programs and domains all with red X's Not very useful to the cPanel user.

7. salvatore333

salvatore333 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to delete this icon from customers control panels?

Statistics Software Configuration

8. maks3w

maks3w Guest

statmanager=0 in /var/cpanel/features/<features name>

Or interactive form in /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/features
    statmanager:StatsManager

I suggest last option and show Alert2.

Alert1: Feature update by Feature Manager without apply interactive form can remove statsmanager=0
    Alert2: Any cPanel update can be overwrite interactive form

9. maks3w

maks3w Guest

I found best location for interactive form.

All manual features write in /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/addonsfeatures/wmaks3w
    statmanager:Stats Manager

I suppose what WHM update doesn't overwrite an anknown file