The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is this resource hog?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edward123, May 26, 2005.

1. Edward123

Edward123 Member

When I notice (or a cust complains) that the server is slow, I can expect to see this process running. (Output below, from Top, sorted by M)

I've seen it using up to 55% of mem, and over 2 hrs on its clock. Is it some log rotation thing? What would happen if I kill it?

PID USER PRI NI SIZE RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM TIME COMMAND
    4017 adopt001 19 19 218M 81M 240 T N 0.0 37.4 0:47 /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/analog +CIMAGEDIR /images/ +CDOMAINSFI

Thanks for you help.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

That is your analog web stats running and they are very CPU intensive indeed by their very nature. There's an addon module to only have stats run at certain times (logrunner) and you can choose to disable certain stats apps if you don't use them either servweide in WHM > Tweak Settings, or through another addon module statsselect.

You van kill it if you want to, but it will come back again the next time the stats kick off unless you resolve it using a method as above.

3. Edward123

Edward123 Member

Thanks Chirpy. I always appreciate your concise and informed advice.

4. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You could also choose the time of day that you would like the Web Stats to run by waiting until the time of day you want then (in shell) run: /scripts/runweblogs

Certain times of the time will better than others and it can definitely be advantagous to have certain maintainence scripts run when "you" want them to run.