The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your Review on Cpanel? (Presale Question)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chrisgroves3, Oct 24, 2010.

1. chrisgroves3

chrisgroves3 Registered

Hi everyone, I was thinking about using cpanel for some small hosting projects I will be doing in the near future, I would just like some clean reviews on their software such as:

rating: /5stars
    How easy is it to setup/install?
    How user-friendly is the control panel itself?
    What are some other hosting companies that use it?

And any other personal feedback of why you think cpanel is great/or not so great... Thanks, look forward the the replies.

2. khorinis

khorinis Well-Known Member

I give 5 of 5 stars (5/5) because of great support and quality.
    Just start the installation and it will run nearly 3 hours without any question. After that just a setup with GUI for browser and then it's done.
    I can use all without problems and i'm not a skilled person since years...
    There are enough - nearly all which are good use cpanel or selfwritten panels.

Not great: I had sometimes a problem and i got no help because it's normally outside of the support from cpanel. I mean - i got a problem with SSH and SSL and it worked long time not but now it's working after nearly a month with support of hoster and cpanel. Sometimes it made me mad because i'm paying and no help. Also they helped me with problems that aren't in the support range and that was great. When i'm looking on all points - great panel (easy to update, manage and secure) and also great and fast support (i'm using only forum and that's also enough for nearly all.)

#2 khorinis, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013