The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What MTA - exim or procmail?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sej7278, Jan 12, 2003.

1. sej7278

sej7278 Member

I'm using a CPanel 5.3 reseller server and am trying to get .procmailrc files to work, but test Emails don't seem to go through the filters in the recipe so I can only assume exim is being used instead?

I can get my procmail recipes to work by piping a test to it like:

$ echo &Subject: *** SPAM ***& | procmail

So procmail works, it's just not the default MTA

What I'm trying to do is get spamassassin to delete the mail marked as **SPAM** instead of just marking it - I can't figure out how to do that, so thought if I passed it through procmail I could do it that way.

So 3 questions:

1. what does CPanel 5.3 use - procmail or exim

2. does anyone know how to get spamassassin to delete spam

3. does anyone know how to use procmail instead of exim, or if exim can have filters like:

0:
    * ^Subject:.*SPAM
    /dev/null

2. teck

teck Well-Known Member

cpanel uses exim. what you need can be found in /etc/valiases

3. sej7278

sej7278 Member

/etc/valiases just seems to have a file named my username, inside which is my default address, that's all.....

Anyone know how to invoke procmail from exim?

By the looks of it SpamAssassin gets executed last in the chain which is really stupid as SA should be a filter (like procmail) not a delivery agent (like exim).

It should be SpamAssassin =& procmail =& Exim, but it seems to be Exim =& SpamAssassin !

So I can't put a rule to delete Email marked *** SPAM *** in a .forward file (exim filter) or .procmailrc file as they will be read (if they worked!) before SA gets executed.