The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What on earth has happened today!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lriem, Aug 4, 2006.

1. lriem

lriem Member

Hi all,

This morning, I woke up, shine and rise, just to discover that I didn't get my daily mails from cPanel/FreeBSD. I found this odd, but till I got my black coffee, I'm of no use.

Well, after I got my coffee, I also discovered that our SSL certificate for SMTP wasn't there anymore.

A little lookup found that 1) Somehow, the system got back to MBox instead of Maildir. 2) Exim configuration got completely replaced. So, the system did its nightly update, but what on earth happened!? I ran /scripts/maildirmenu to convert all mails received to Maildir, but I don't have any cPanel mail for this night's update, so I'm really in the dark as to what has happened.

Did anyone else encounter such a problem? The server is running FreeBSD 5.4, WHM 10.8.0 and cPanel 10.8.2-R119 (as of right now).

What can I do to repair it now, I don't want to have to run the maildir script every 5 minutes :/

Thanks,
    L. Riem

2. lriem

lriem Member

After a little investigations :

Well, /etc/exim.crt was replaced, /etc/exim.conf was also replaced. I restored our exim.crt. But "maildir_format = true" is nowhere to be seen in exim.con, alas.

Now, our mail server is too big to just go back to mbox, and then redo the migration to Maildir :/

3. lriem

lriem Member

Followup : a few upcp --force seem to have solved the problem... but another appeared. Now, every time cPanel tries to update itself, the server crash.

I'm not sure where to look for the problem, since it crashed, I guess I won't find any log?

Thanks for your help...
    L. Riem

4. panayot

panayot Well-Known Member

I am using edge. Exim conf file has also being overwritten on all servers :( . Maildir did not change, and certificates also seem to be ok. At least they should make a backup of the old config files when replacing them!

5. mumiak

mumiak Registered

I have the same problem.
    Also running on FreeBSD.
    For now i just off automatic update.

Can anyone solve the problem?

6. panayot

panayot Well-Known Member