The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What secure mail script to use

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by dxer, Sep 5, 2005.

1. dxer

dxer Well-Known Member

What mail (form) script can I suggest to my clients for using and that is not vulnerable to relay spams. Of course it should be free and please post URL where should I get it from.

thanks

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

You're unlikely to find a 'one size fits all' script to do this straight out of the box.

Any script that merely accepts data from a HTML-only form is going to be vunerable.

The only safe solution is to hard-code the recipient email address in the relevant script, retrieve it from a database or in any other way so long as it is not passed to the script by an HTML form.

Consequently a safe solution would require a script that the user modifies to include the relevant recipient email address, either directly in the script or within a separate config file with a different copy supplied to each user.

Safer still would be a script that receives data from a script-generated page that sets some form of session variable which the receiving script can use as validation thus almost certainly preventing anything other than a chosen form from submitting data to the receiving script.