The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to backup before running domain_keys_installer

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by seodevhead, Feb 22, 2008.

1. seodevhead

seodevhead Registered

Hey guys... I run WHM/cPanel and want to run the domain_keys_installer, but have read a few posts here with some problems people have had after installing them (making their situations worse). I know this is usually not the case, but I want to make a backup of whatever is necessary to ensure that if for some reason installing the domainkeys causes issues, I can just revert back to the point in which they were not installed.

So I ask...

What files do I need to backup before running domain_keys_installer, that I could later restore if the domainkeys caused problems? Thanks for any help.

2. Kent Brockman

Kent Brockman Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If you are running at less weekly backups, you can install Domainkeys and test it for 6 days before your backups being overwritten (assuming you use incremental mode).

Domainkeys records an extra line in the dns zone of the domain you selected, so if you are having trouble with Domainkeys, you simply have to blank that line again to disable Domainkeys. Just that. :)