Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What will happen to the web server if I don't renew my cPanel license?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by enivid enivid, May 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. enivid enivid

enivid enivid Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Dear support team,
    I have brought up a new server with Cpanel installation script.
    For some reasons i don't want to buy cpanel license at this moment for this new server and also within the next 12 month and after that i need to but license for my IP

My Question is that if i don't buy license what will happen to the web server,mail server, and database server within my CentOs server?

All i know is that without paying for license you will loose access to Cpanel control panel interface. But what will happen to the installed services like Exim,Dovecot,Mysql,Apache, and ....

Do they loose their functionality?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @enivid enivid,

While the installed services won't stop running, you'll likely encounter issues with the services in the future that you won't be able to easily solve (e.g. expired SSL certificates, updates to PHP and Apache, etc). Generally, the best approach is to backup the account data, reinstall the OS without cPanel, setup the required services manually or through another control panel, and then restore the website data.

Thank you.