What's a good DNS script that doesn't conflict with cpanel?

WebHostPro

PartnerNOC
Jul 28, 2002
LA, Costa RIca
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

I am looking to bring our DNS locally and would like to have users be able to maintain their dns themselves.

I found a script here:

http://perlcoders.com/main/scripts.html?script=PC WebDNS

I am wondering if it would conflict with cpanel or if anyone else knows of user and admin based DNS solution that run on a cpanel server?

Thanks, Charles

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

sexy_guy

Mar 19, 2003
WOW, i would never let my users maintain DNS. 99% of users wouldnt have a clue as to what they were doing. Why would you risk it?

WebHostPro

PartnerNOC
Jul 28, 2002
LA, Costa RIca
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Good point,

I am hoping it has a superuser password or admin panal to easily manage each users section.

There are a couple methods to my logic:

one reason is to give the users more control that want it, the others we will just do it for them.

Save support time by allowing the customers to add there own domains when they want to get more for add-on's and dedicated servers.

I am currently using two i.p.'s per server and would like to just use one.

To use the same name servers for everything, rather then use different one per server.

-Charles

SoftmegUK

Feb 13, 2002
UK
Originally posted by DWHS.net
Good point,

I am hoping it has a superuser password or admin panal to easily manage each users section.

There are a couple methods to my logic:

one reason is to give the users more control that want it, the others we will just do it for them.

Save support time by allowing the customers to add there own domains when they want to get more for add-on's and dedicated servers.

I am currently using two i.p.'s per server and would like to just use one.

To use the same name servers for everything, rather then use different one per server.

-Charles

For $400 i would hope it had an admin panel too!!