The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's risk of not getting close <html> tag ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by navid120, Apr 28, 2011.

1. navid120

navid120 Member

my html tag must be open , getting close it make problem in my website. as your comments there's some risks by doing it?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Not sure I understand, if you do not close the tag the site works, if you add it, it breaks?

Assuming you've already double checked and there is no other closing </html> tag in the file, sounds like theres some other issue with the page code.

3. navid120

navid120 Member

no, my website forced banner by hosting conditions, If I dont use </html> tag, ads will not shown, but I'm not sure my website with this can be hacked or no?

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I don't think there is any security issues with leaving the closing html tag out on your end, no. Sounds like your host? is forcing banner ads and you'd like to kill them this way? You might at least want to check your site in other browsers to be sure your users are seeing the site as its intended. If leaving the tag out breaks the site in some browsers, it might be easier to leave the banners run, or move to a paid host with no banners.

GL!