Whats the difference between Inherited and Backup?

Italo Duarte

Apr 10, 2017
Brasil
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi, after the last WHM updates, I see that automatic backups of my server are taking a long time but before.

Formerly the backup that was done only on Sundays, it took an average of 10 hours to finish. Nowadays after some WHM upgrades it is taking about 24h or so to finish. In addition, some notifications like these are shown:

The process “pkgacct - av: 4 - write compressed stream” stalled while it ran for user “root”.

Is there any way we can speed up backups?

In the configuration part of backups -> select users: you have 2 options to enable: Inherited and Backup

Here's a print of what I'm talking about.

What's the difference? For there are domains that are marked and others not.

Thank you very much in advance!

Attachments

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
I'm not familiar with the UI you're showing me - WHM>>Backup>>Backup User Selection appears to the the screen but there should be only one option "Backups" - enabled or disabled. Do you have any 3rd party applications installed on the server for backups? This is also further evidenced by the following: Backup User Selection - Version 82 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

did you just recently stop using the legacy backup system? What version of cPanel/WHM are you on? Backup System Migration - Version 82 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Can you please open a ticket using the link in my signature? Once open please reply with the Ticket ID here so that we can update this thread with the resolution once the ticket is resolved.

Thanks!