The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's this nonsense? Being charged for support requests!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by texo, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texo

texo Well-Known Member

Yesterday I submitted a support ticket to cpanel. I was going to leave it as a "courtesy ticket" but because the issue was pretty urgent I decided to spend the $30 and opt for the "priority" support option.

The dedicated cpanel license on that particular server was purchased through licensepal, and today I received an email from them:

What the heck does this mean? I can't submit tickets directly to cpanel or I'll be charged $55??? Even if I've paid cpanel $30 for priority support?

Does this mean that if I submit a normal (free/courtesy) ticket I risk being charged $55 by licensepal?

I AM SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF ABOUT THIS. Is it just licensepal or does this apply to all resellers?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Greetings texo,

You might do better to contact cPanel Customer Support directly on this and ask them for clarification yourself. I was able to reach Customer Service and was told this for reference:

Depending on your situation, I read that as you might do fine with Complimentary Support (I would go that route myself if possible).

If it's important and you need help right away, you're going to need to go thru your proper channel.

As mentioned, you can and should take this up with LicencePal, you are also free to lodge a complaint with cPanel Customer Support as well by contacting them via this page.

HTH!

3. texo

texo Well-Known Member

Thank you, I have contacted customer support. If the "priority support" ticket's results (for which I paid $30) are anything to go by, I'm really not expecting much.

4. Lpal-Jay

Lpal-Jay Registered
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Sorry for the confusion about this, cPanel's response above was not clear enough. As was answered by ticket with texo, this issue was discussed with cPanel and they confirmed that priority requests are not a problem. However all other requests must be directed to us and our team will try to answer it as soon as possible.

-----
    Jay Shah
    LicensePal Limited

5. texo

texo Well-Known Member

Thank you, Jay. This is an uncomfortable situation to be in: now I have to ensure that the company I buy my cpanel licenses from is able to offer decent cpanel support. If not, I have to go directly to cpanel and pay $30 for a priority support ticket to avoid being "fined" for doing so!