What's this nonsense? Being charged for support requests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

texo

Mar 28, 2007
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yesterday I submitted a support ticket to cpanel. I was going to leave it as a "courtesy ticket" but because the issue was pretty urgent I decided to spend the $30 and opt for the "priority" support option.

The dedicated cpanel license on that particular server was purchased through licensepal, and today I received an email from them:

I'm just contacting you to inform you that you need to contact us for
your cPanel support requests and not cPanel directly. This is because
cPanel charge us for each request a customer makes to them, so from now
on, please contact us and we will solve your problem. If you carry on
sending tickets to them, we would need to charge you for the price of
each ticket that we are charged ($55.00) in order not to make a loss on
this. As this is just a warning, and you wouldn't have been aware
previously, we will not take any action on previously submitted tickets.
What the heck does this mean? I can't submit tickets directly to cpanel or I'll be charged $55??? Even if I've paid cpanel $30 for priority support?

Does this mean that if I submit a normal (free/courtesy) ticket I risk being charged $55 by licensepal?

I AM SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF ABOUT THIS. Is it just licensepal or does this apply to all resellers?

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Greetings texo,

You might do better to contact cPanel Customer Support directly on this and ask them for clarification yourself. I was able to reach Customer Service and was told this for reference:

As a LicensePal customer, you are still eligible for support with cPanel, Inc. This is something that is available to all customers who do not have their licensing directly with cPanel, as it is a service we provide. As LicensePal is your licensing provider, they would be your first line of support. While you are welcome to utilize our Complimentary or Paid Priority Support, we do recommend that LicensePal be your first choice for support.

As far as LicensePal's policy and the extra charges/fees they have mentioned, unfortunately this is a policy that LicensePal has implemented on their end and we would be unable to provide any specific insight. cPanel does not maintain control of the pricing, fees, or policies of its Distributors, so any fees that they have mentioned, you would need to discuss with them directly as it is something they have set.

What we can do on this end, would be to have someone from our Customer Service team contact LicensePal on your behalf and see if perhaps someone else over there can follow up with you to provide additional information.
Depending on your situation, I read that as you might do fine with Complimentary Support (I would go that route myself if possible).

If it's important and you need help right away, you're going to need to go thru your proper channel.

As mentioned, you can and should take this up with LicencePal, you are also free to lodge a complaint with cPanel Customer Support as well by contacting them via this page.

HTH!

texo

Mar 28, 2007
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thank you, I have contacted customer support. If the "priority support" ticket's results (for which I paid $30) are anything to go by, I'm really not expecting much.

Lpal-Jay

Registered
PartnerNOC
Sep 5, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Sorry for the confusion about this, cPanel's response above was not clear enough. As was answered by ticket with texo, this issue was discussed with cPanel and they confirmed that priority requests are not a problem. However all other requests must be directed to us and our team will try to answer it as soon as possible.

-----
Jay Shah
LicensePal Limited

texo

Mar 28, 2007
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thank you, Jay. This is an uncomfortable situation to be in: now I have to ensure that the company I buy my cpanel licenses from is able to offer decent cpanel support. If not, I have to go directly to cpanel and pay $30 for a priority support ticket to avoid being "fined" for doing so!

Status
Not open for further replies.