The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's up, I'm new.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeMenkey, Apr 13, 2005.

1. DeMenkey

DeMenkey Registered

Alright, check this out. I bought a resellers account, so I've got WHM/Cpanel. However, I didn't buy it. So, I hope I can still be here?

My host bought it, so it's legal and everything, but I just buy the hosting. Anyhow, I need some help with stuff, so I can learn more about cPanel. So when I learn more about it, and start getting clients, I'll buy my own servers and buy cPanel.

Ok, right now I'm having problems with the SSL. I "Generated" certs for my site (pocketfuzzinc.com), but its not showing the little icon or anything. How do I work this?

Also, can I install mods/hacks/skins/etc. to the cPanel, WHM? I know basicly nothing about all this stuff, but I'm learning more about hosting. Anyways, I'll come up with more questions sooner or later. lol thanks for now.

2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Is your web hosting provider directing you here for support ? If so, whom are they ? These sort of questions and issues should be directed towards your web hosts help / support department.

That said, i'll try and give you with your problems, but your host would be better fit to assist you.

>> Ok, right now I'm having problems with the SSL. I "Generated" certs for my site (pocketfuzzinc.com), but its not showing the little icon or anything. How do I work this?

-- It sounds like you've generated the certificate signing request. Is this correct ? Have you purchased an ssl certificate for your domain? If not, you will need to purchase a certificate before you can "lock" your pages.
    If you have purchased an ssl certificate. Where there any errors during the setup process ? A common problem I see happen quite often is a user purchases a cert for "domain.com" then attempts to setup the certificate for "www.domain.com" ( note the www. ) which is a totally different domain ( sub domain ) than the cert was registered for. Also make sure you have a didicated IP assigned to this domain ( your host will need to ensure this ).

>> Also, can I install mods/hacks/skins/etc. to the cPanel, WHM? I know basicly nothing about all this stuff, but I'm learning more about hosting. Anyways, I'll come up with more questions sooner or later. lol thanks for now.

-- Only your hosting provider can answer this question. Depending on the changes you wish to make, you may be required to instead purchase a VPS ( Virtual Private Server ) or dedicated server whereby you are given more control over the way in which you can control the cpanel / whm environments.

I hope thats helped, best of luck with your new venture!

3. DeMenkey

DeMenkey Registered

Thanks. Levi1.com is my host, i'm fed up with him, so I'll be moving soon.