The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Wrong With My Nameservers?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by robobobo, Jan 13, 2013.

1. robobobo

robobobo Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hey Guys,

So the last couple of weeks I've been battling trying to set up my new nameservers. I've set up ns1.viralbamboo.com and ns2.viralbamboo.com added them to my WHM

I've changed the records on some domains at the registrar, other's I've left with the old hosts nameservers (which have to be changed with their own control panel)

Sometimes it seems that the nameservers are working as I tried setting up test sub domains via cpanel with the domains I had changed such as
    /http://test.viralbamboo.com/ and /http://test.techinfo-4u.com/

As you can see they work (at least they do for me)

But when I try change the nameserver records for some of the other domains (different registrars) I get errors such as the ones below

Unable to update nameservers . Response: (2102) Parameter value policy error. Could not obtain NS list for zone sellyourcar4cash.ie. from ns1.viralbamboo.com.

So I did a dns check and I'm getting these results and I'm just not sure what it means

/http://mydnscheck.com/?domain=viralbamboo.com&ns1=ns1.viralbamboo.com&ns2=ns2.viralbamboo.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    it think your running into the issue where the registrar is looking for the NS records in the zone files
    some tld (usually country) will net let you set the name servers unless it sees the NS records (which i presume is still set to the old NS in your zone files)

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The primary error message of note that your registrar provided is:

I suggest consulting with their support team or documentation to determine the exact requirements for the zone on the cPanel server so you know what specific changes to make.

Thank you.

4. robobobo

robobobo Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks for your replies guys, I have now added an NS record for both nameservers on my WHM account and also the servers account and I'm still getting the error. Will report back what the registrar has to say