The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When a client reaches their quota, everything shuts down!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff75, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

For the first 12 months I used cPanel, quotas worked great and would allow clients to go over their disk space, then I could check it through WHM and send them an email stating they had to decrease their disk usage or be charged for extra space. All the sudden two months ago something screwed up and now when a client reaches their quota everything completely shuts down on their account (they can't get email and their control panel will not come up).

Is there anyway that I can be notified as soon as a client reaches their limit so I can notify them? I really don't want to have their email address in the .contactemail file and would like to know if there's another way for it to just notify myself. Better yet, does anyoen know of a way to make the quotas like they were before? I would rather be able to charge them for overusage and not shut their site down instead of the way it works now which really stinks.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

But the way it works now is how it should work - if it did it the way you've described (which hasn't changed on my servers for at least 9 months) then there was a bug. Q quota system is a quota system, if you use more than your quota then you cannot create anything more, as it should be. You can have your users emailed to their contact address using the WHM > Tweak Settings > Quota notification email - works just fine for me.

3. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

The problem is that the way it is set up now clients have to frequently check their site and if they were to go out of town they would have no way to free up some space.

I also use a custom cPanel skin that I created and do not use the contact email address. I use ModernBill and this is where my clients keep their email address. They shouldn't have to go to two different places to update their email address which is why I do not offer this in the control panel.

Do you know if there's anyway to just notify the admin email address if any account goes over their quota? If so, then at least I could notify them instead of them having to find out the hard by not being able to log into cPanel or receive any email.