The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When I do good...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by casey, Apr 21, 2003.

1. casey

casey Well-Known Member

no one remembers. When I do bad, no one forgets...

It's natural to complain and never say good things. I would just like to take this opportunity to say that cPanel has been great for me. I've had no serious problems, my customers love it, and I love it. There are a few features I'd like to see, but overall cPanel is simply wonderful.
    :)

2. sexy_guy

sexy_guy Well-Known Member

Really? So you call the email system good? No problem and functioning the way you want it? What a laugh!

3. shaun

shaun Well-Known Member

sexy_guy: Why dont you switch panels then. There are plenty of panels out there.

Casey: I agree cPanel has done a great job. I manage over 150 machines and cPanel runs great on them all. Sure there are problems every once in a while but for a system that does so much how can there not be. It's normal for bugs to arise.

If you guys dont like the bug/problems that come along with a system thats always being developed and improved why dont you stop all the updates and turn it into one of those other systems out their that require you to do everything by hand.

4. NeutralGold

NeutralGold Well-Known Member

lol, Yeah most definatly. Most of these guys don't quite understand how lucky they are that there is something like this available. I mean come on. Us guys that started from other types of hosting software know excactly how fun updating some of that stuff can be. *Especially* when you have to manually do it on multiple box's and 150 lol Think i would commit suicide befor i did all them..

5. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Amen! Nothing like having to do everything from shell.

Perl is my find.

6. X-Istencedotcom

X-Istencedotcom Well-Known Member

Or bash/sh scripts in that matter. You make one script, and load it on every server, then just create one script that SSH's to every machine with that script to make it execute the script. That should do it, and then another script to update all the scripts if you create a new version.

7. xsenses

xsenses Well-Known Member

I have to agree, no major problems here either.