Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

When is Fedora Core 6 support available for CPANEL?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mherath, Feb 11, 2007.

1. mherath

mherath Member

Our usual linux servers are all running Fedora Core 6 as that's the most recent stable version. We would like to upgrade our cpanel servers from Fedora Core 4 to 6. But I found out that Fedora Core 6 is still not supported on cpanel.

Even though I got cpanel to install correctly and working on Fedora Core 6 I am hesitant to put it into production as it's un-supported.

Also when you run software update I get:

cpanel [~]# /scripts/sysup
    Fedora 6 is not supported

Which means I cannot update to the latest stable version when required.

So does anyone know when Fedora core 6 support is available for cpanel?

(I thought it would have been available by now as Core 7 is almost here :) )

Thanks

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It's in the "pipeline"

The currently known issues with Fedora Core 6 and cPanel can be tracked form the main Bugzilla entry: http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=4746

If you have any notes to add to the existing reports, feel free to add them. Any new issues, feel free to open a bug report and make it a blocker against bug # 4746

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...