chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
No use asking here, you'll need to contact cPanel - I'd suggest trying [email protected]

Also, do you have a cPanel bugzilla entry? You should log one of those if their recent changes to this issue haven't helped.

jackal

PartnerNOC
Feb 23, 2002
We still have the same issue, We made a ticket last week and was directed to that report.

haze

Dec 21, 2001
It looks like Nick ( The head cpanel dev ) replied to that bugzilla, confirming it. I don't know what you expect from cpanel seeing as though it looks like its a redhat bug ?

jackal

PartnerNOC
Feb 23, 2002
I really wish that this does not happen to you. IF it does you might feel a little different about this.

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
jackal said:
I really wish that this does not happen to you. IF it does you might feel a little different about this.
You seem to be missing the point here. It's a bug in Fedora, you need to go hassle the Fedora developers about it. It is the price you pay for using an OS that should not be used in a production environment because of it's very short shelf life (6 months), unlike a business OS like RHE which is around 5 years (or is it 8 years? I forget).

net-trend

Sep 17, 2002
chirpy said:
You seem to be missing the point here. It's a bug in Fedora, you need to go hassle the Fedora developers about it. It is the price you pay for using an OS that should not be used in a production environment because of it's very short shelf life (6 months), unlike a business OS like RHE which is around 5 years (or is it 8 years? I forget).
Thing is, it was working fine till the cPanel upgrade.

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
Indeed, because cPanel have started using a standard linux tool to ensure aganst corruption of your system files. The tool has a bug in it in Fedora - that's a problem for Fedora to fix. If it's causing a problem on a server that is of importance, then you really ought to look at using a supported OS (Fedora is not and they themselves do not recommend it for any production server) such as RHE or the CentOS spin-off.