The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are default Mail Addresses kept?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by silentcircuit, Jun 16, 2003.

1. silentcircuit

silentcircuit Active Member

When I ran one of the fixmail scripts it totally screwed my mailing accounts, it changed all my "default mailing addresses" on my client accounts from "username@domain.com" to "username" and now some mail is not routed to the correct user. The address I am talking about is the one you set to get all incoming mail to that domain that does not have a place to go. Once i put that back to user@domain.com it works again. So since I dont know every password for all my clients can someone tell me where it is stored on the machine so I can change them through root? Thanks

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

/etc/valiases/domain.com

You can also log into each users control panel with their username and the servers root password.

3. crawl

crawl Registered

silentcircuit,

I was having a similiar problem with the default addresses. ciphervendor was correct; you can edit all the alias and default address configs in that file. I then ran /scripts/fixvaliases and they are all working now...

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: