Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Where are Sent,Trash, Drafts folders?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by mauinet, Oct 2, 2018.

1. mauinet

mauinet Active Member

I am trying to restore mail folders for a customer from the nightly server backup. Inbox restores but then Sent and other folders did not. When I look in the users mail directory (/home/user/mail/domain/user), there are "cur" and "new", "tmp" and various index files prefixed by "dovecot" or "courier" but no folders for "Sent", "Drafts" or "Trash". Where are these folders or messages stored and how do I restore them? I can access the folders (now empty) in Roundcube. I have attached the folder list from this mail account.

Thanks,

Roger

Attached Files:

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

The folders you are looking for hidden folders, so if you have shell access you can execute below command on it to view it:
    # cd /home/user/mail/domain/user
    # ls -lah

If you cPanel only, then go filemanager >> Settings >> view hidden files and then go to same location above and view the files.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mauinet

mauinet Active Member

Thanks much, that was what I needed, the restore now brought all folders back.

Roger

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I'm really glad you got some advice that helped @mauinet - let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...