The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where are the global settings for ...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wkdwich, May 27, 2005.

1. wkdwich

wkdwich Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble finding the global settings in cpanel for a number of items I could set on my old server. I would think some of this is already on the server I just havent fond it yet :) I have been making grear use of this forum for a month now since I started to move to a cpanel box from 6 years on a Cobalt Raq

Fedora Core, Cpanel 10.something, EXIM 4.4 Spamassasin ClamAV

I want to globally block an IP or domain from mailing anyone on the server, black list.. poof..

I want to tweak the main SA config and or the ClamAV config to do things like.. do not send bounce notices to :fail: do not sent notice to virus or spam rec'd, dont log or quarantine virus, just dev/null them

I want to make sure SA is being updated - the rules when theny become available automatically

I want to globally block automaticlly any IP that triggers brute force

I would like to set the trigger for brute force from 50 down to 25 and have it check real-time not every 15 minutes via cron.., it's too late by then in most cases

I would like to get a firewall running but everything I have read said none are really compatible with cpanel/fedora so BF attempts can be blocked

I would like to get notice of attempted logings to FTP and SSH both successful and failed attempts.. what do I need to do that?

Thanks for your help!

2. danimal

danimal Well-Known Member

Any luck?

wkdwich,

I'm wondering some of these same things. In particular, how to block a particular domain from emailing anyone on my server... not on a per-account basis, but system-wide.

I'll keep looking myself. Please post if you discovered any solutions yet.

Thanks!

-Danimal :cool:

3. wkdwich

wkdwich Well-Known Member

No news here yet.. I miss that feature and find it rather annoying that I can not have that control :) I promise to post if I find something out