where are the global settings for ...

wkdwich

Apr 11, 2005
I'm having trouble finding the global settings in cpanel for a number of items I could set on my old server. I would think some of this is already on the server I just havent fond it yet :) I have been making grear use of this forum for a month now since I started to move to a cpanel box from 6 years on a Cobalt Raq

Fedora Core, Cpanel 10.something, EXIM 4.4 Spamassasin ClamAV

I want to globally block an IP or domain from mailing anyone on the server, black list.. poof..

I want to tweak the main SA config and or the ClamAV config to do things like.. do not send bounce notices to :fail: do not sent notice to virus or spam rec'd, dont log or quarantine virus, just dev/null them

I want to make sure SA is being updated - the rules when theny become available automatically

I want to globally block automaticlly any IP that triggers brute force

I would like to set the trigger for brute force from 50 down to 25 and have it check real-time not every 15 minutes via cron.., it's too late by then in most cases

I would like to get a firewall running but everything I have read said none are really compatible with cpanel/fedora so BF attempts can be blocked

I would like to get notice of attempted logings to FTP and SSH both successful and failed attempts.. what do I need to do that?

Thanks for your help!

danimal

Jul 14, 2003
Any luck?

wkdwich,

I'm wondering some of these same things. In particular, how to block a particular domain from emailing anyone on my server... not on a per-account basis, but system-wide.

I'll keep looking myself. Please post if you discovered any solutions yet.

Thanks!

-Danimal :cool:

wkdwich

Apr 11, 2005
No news here yet.. I miss that feature and find it rather annoying that I can not have that control :) I promise to post if I find something out