Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

where are the last-modified headers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SMG, Dec 21, 2005.

1. SMG

SMG Member

I just noticed that on neither of my servers (both of which use cpanel) apache isn't sending a last-modified header for shtml or php files ... any reason for this? and anyone know how to make it send them? I searched around for a while but couldn't find anything :eek: theyre both using 1.3.34 and cpanel builds ~10.8.x

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Make sure that you have the "Expires Module" option ticked when you build apache as it is that that provides that header record, IIRC.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SMG

SMG Member

ohh, hah ... I never really noticed that it wasnt checked by default :eek: thanks

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

In the past it wasn't checked by default, but that has changed for new builds IIRC ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SMG

SMG Member

Well that explains why I was so confused ... it IS checked and has been ... however last-modified still isn't being sent...