The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where can i get such service?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ljwhite, Apr 3, 2006.

1. ljwhite

ljwhite Well-Known Member

I want to find some sort of service which will monitor our domains and send us an SMS when there is a problem. Where can i get such service? Actually i have used one before. But, that one we used was always saying domains were “unreachable” when there was actually no problem. Many thanks in advance.

2. HostMerit

HostMerit Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
  3. ljwhite

Thanks for your help. Which is best among these three sevices you think considering the service&price?

4. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

SiteUptime is free for monitoring at 30 min intervals as are others.

If you have a dedicated box or VPS in a separate datacenter, you can run Nagios which will monitor services and notify you of downtime.

If your domains are on a reseller account (shared server) use SiteUptime and 30 min intervals, because others who are on the server are most likely subscribed to some monitoring service. If the server goes down, your host probably gets a dozen tickets informing them of such.

5. ljwhite

Thanks for your help. Actually we have our own web server. I just want to find a good server-monitoring service. If something is wrong with our webserver(i.e. email service problem) and i can get SMS to know that. And it would be better if it can tell me more details about the problem.