The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can i get the scripta Auto Script Installer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AbeFroman, Feb 2, 2004.

1. AbeFroman

AbeFroman BANNED

2. richy

richy Well-Known Member

http://www.cpskins.com/autoinstall.php

Pricing is $75 for the first year/server and goes down per server/year like Fantastico.

However, Fantastico is offered free to many customers (such as Ev1servers customers) so...

3. n3tph4t

n3tph4t Active Member

That isnt the "actual" scripta though is it? - I may be wrong but I thought that scripta was called that, the scripta name isn't mentioned on that site only the "auto-installer"

4. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

I believe that "Scripta" is something that was "derived" from Fantastico (the relevant parties can hash out the legal details) by HostDime. As far as I know, "Scripta" is not a stand alone product available for purchase by other CPanel hosts.

Here is a link discussing "Scripta" on the HostDime site. Here is a more direct comment made in the HostDime forum.

What I find interesting (confusing), is that Aric (who was recently announced as a new memeber of the cpanelthemes support crew) when recently asked about "Scripta" on the HostDime forum (where Aric is also "on staff") replied that a "basic" version of "Scripta" was available from cpkins.net.

Hopefully you can get some sort of authoritative answer from one of the above mentioned parties, but I do not believe "Scripta" is publicly available.

Oh the drama! :cool: :D

5. ryno267

ryno267 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    what is better in everybody's opinion? this or fantastico?

thnx

rYno

6. n3tph4t

n3tph4t Active Member

many people have discussed the differences, generally scripta is considered superiour as it contains more scripts, I guess its down to personal choice.

I shall look into this more.

Thanks